Charity supporting people with learning disabilities and autism aged 16+ across Surrey
halow project was created in 2006 by five families who wanted the right support for people aged 16+ with learning disabilities and autism to transition into adulthood and beyond, and to develop their confidence and independence. halow was inspired by and named after their children - Harriet, Amber, Laura, Oliver and William.
Today we support 200+ people each year across Surrey, with services provided in and around Guildford and Woking. They want the chance to:
- Build relationships
- Become part of the community
- Find meaningful employment
- Have a home of their own
halow offers a unique blend of activities, giving those we work with the chance to enjoy an active social life, make new friends, find further education and employment training through our various initiatives including:
- Building Futures (an extended learning programme for 16-25 year-olds)
- Social Activities
- A Reason To Get Up programme (termly sessions in arts and crafts, fitness and healthy living, horticulture and cookery, and IT skills)
- halow Buddy Service (1:1 support workers)
We are always looking for business and individuals who may be able to work with us to support our fundraising, to offer volunteering time, to find venues/facilitators/activities/learning opportunities for the people we work with, and to connect halow project with others.
Visit www.halowproject.org.uk to find out more.